CALL FOR PAPERS –
Inherited Retinal Disease and Gene Therapy
CALL FOR PAPERS – Inherited Retinal Disease and Gene Therapy
The Saudi Journal of Ophthalmology (SJOPT), a peer reviewed quarterly publication in the field of ophthalmology, is planning a special/theme-based issue on Inherited Retinal Disease and Gene Therapy to be published in October-December 2023. Submission of review articles, original articles, and cases reports for consideration are welcome.
Published in collaboration with Wolters & Kluwer/Medknow, SJOPT is the official publication of Saudi Ophthalmological Society (SOS). It is indexed with PubMed, SCOPUS, and Emerging Sources Citation Index (an off shoot of ISI).
Please note that SJOPT does not charge authors for publishing articles and complete on-line access to articles is free.
General author guidelines:
• The abstract should not be more than 250 words (unstructured for Review Article and structured for Original Article) with 4-5 keywords
• Article format:
a) Title/First Page to include main title, running title, authors in order of their appearance and their affiliations, source(s) of support, acknowledgement, declarations, (if any), full details of the corresponding author
b) Review Article: Main and running title, unstructured abstract, keywords, Introduction followed by the section titles depending upon the topic being reviewed with a Conclusion section at the end, References, Legends to figures and tables (if any)
c) Original Article: Main and running title, structured abstract (purpose, methods, results and conclusion), keywords, Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, References, Legends to figures and tables (if any)
• The manuscript should be approximately 3500-4000 words excluding abstract and references.
• Figures/Tables: Total number of figures and tables not to exceed 8. Figures to be preferably in color
• Manuscripts are to be submitted online [https://review.jow.medknow.com/SJOPT]
• At the time of submission, kindly select “Inherited Retinal Disease and Gene Therapy” as Manuscript Type from the drop-down menu.
The deadline for receiving the submission is July 4, 2023. The manuscript acceptance will be subject to the review by the guest editor and/or editorial board members.
Arif O. Khan MD, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, UAE
Guest Editor, SJOPT; email@example.com